Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

My mom is currently up here visiting me, and helping with the girls while I try to rest and take care of the baby.  So this birthday card is for her…
but the flower technique is for Stacy :D ENJOY!

Accordion flowers: Decide what size flower you want.  I wanted a 3 inch flower, so I cut my paper strip to 3 inches wide.  Then I normally double the width to cut the length. So for my 3 inch flower, I start with a 3x6 inch piece of PAPER (not cardstock!)
Score every 1/4 inch and fold accordion style
DSCN0301

Now find the center of your paper (mine will be at 1.5 inches) and staple, tie, wrap with wire, etc.  Find SOMETHING to make it look like this:
(I stapled the middle and then pushed the staple around the middle to make a ring)
DSCN0303
Put sticky tape on both ends of the right side
DSCN0305
Fold over and press flower together
DSCN0308 DSCN0309
Finish into a card!
DSCN0311

7 comments:

Tara O said...

Love it Aleta...these flowers are so cute.

Missus Wookie said...

So cute and your instructions make it look simple :)

Robin said...

Sweet!!!!!!

Jen said...

Cool card & flower!!!! :)

Tricia said...

Beautifull! And you made it look so easy!

Geri said...

great job n the flower...and thanks for posting a tutorial!!

Stampin' Meg said...

That looks great- thanks for sharing the tutorial-I'll have to try one!