Monday, December 03, 2007

Need a Hug Crop Challenge Projects

Here are the Challenges I did for the 'Need a Hug' crop over on the ScrapGoods message board this weekend. There are quite a few I didn't get to , but I have them on my never ending 'list of things to do' :D Thanks for Looking!

Challenge: use only cardstock and ribbons with one ribbon slider
I used cardstock and stamped the top half, yellow and orange ribbons with a chipboard ribbon slider covered with green cardstock. Flowers and title cut from cardstock using my cricut. Orange scallops are cardstock cut with my scallop scissors.Challenge: use buttons three ways
I used buttons for the middle of my flower, sewed a heart over a button, and broke buttons in half for the scallop border.
Challenge: use a sketch
Sketch is originaly from PageMaps, its the 5th one down, here is my take on it.
Challenge: Embellie Mania! Use as many embellies as you can - can't count more than three of each embellishment. Even though I could only count three of each embellie, here is all that I have on my LO:
4 pieces ric rac
3 pieces ribbon
3 pieces velvet ribbon
12 brads
12 buttons
14 rubons (the circles that are cut out)
3 eyelets (on the journal box)
4 cardstock stickers
65 pieces of bling - in one bling frame ;)

That's a total of 120 pieces on this layout!

Challenge: Alter Anything
I've had this clock sitting in the hallway for about a month. I bought it at Ikea for 2 euro and hoped it came apart so I could alter it. YAY! It did!! So I cut a large circle for the inside and heat embossed the numbers on it. Then I added some rubons and a little birdie stamp. I decorated the outside of the clock (which was plastic) with alcohol inks. It looks much better in real life! I am so proud. I made this for my scrapbook room, but Dustin reminded me last night that I only have three more weeks before I have to give up my scrapbook room :(
Challenge: Use a photo on a card/Make a holiday card/Doodle
I combined three challenges in one for this card. Sierra took a picture of our big stuffed reindeer. Not just any picture, a picture of his butt! LOL! So when I read the challenge, I immediately thought of this picture! Doodled on it too :D Left is card front, right is the inside of the card.
Challenge: Try to combine the most challenges on one LO.
Use 4 things you are hoarding (Bling Cardstock, Fancy Pants journal card, Heidi Swapp white ghost heart, KI Lace Cardstock)
Scraplift one of your OWN layouts - done
Use your two oldest items - the blue frames and the blue patterned paper with brown swirls
Doodle on a LO - doodled around the photos, on the photos, etc
Use the most embellishments (3 max of each) - eyelets, primas, ribbon, frames, shost shapes, brads, buttons, staples

2 comments:

Fink said...

Great projects!

Auntie Em said...

Kewl kewl kewl!!!

Meanie on the Xyron crack though LOL!